How to Compare Images in the Hollar Collection
The Wenceslaus Hollar collection is made available using the International Image Interoperability Framework (IIIF). Because of this, you can use the Mirador Image Viewer below to compare objects across this collection and from other institutions. To compare objects in this collection follow the instructions below:
- On the empty panel below, click on the "Add Item" icon in the middle.
- Scroll through or use the search bar at the top left corner to find an object of interest
- Click on the object to open it in the viewer
- If you want to choose a new object, click on the grid icon on the top left. You have the option to "Replace Object"
To compare an object from another collection or institution:
- Click on the grid icon in the top left package and select "Replace Object"
- In the "Add new object from URL" bar you can paste in a IIIF URL and select "Load". The object will appear at the bottom of the list. Please note: depending on the size it may take a few seconds to load.
- As an example, the Folger Library has a collection of Hollar etchings made available via IIIF. You can view Hollar images available from the Folger at https://luna.folger.edu/luna/servlet/s/d98fvb. Use the "Share" feature with IIIF toggle on their website to reveal the IIIF manifest for each image. For example, some of the Folger Hollar objects can be loaded below with the following URLs: